Police Department Citizen Volunteer Program Information
STALLION SPRINGS POLICE DEPARTMENT
CITIZEN VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
The Stallion Springs Police Department is seeking qualified men and women to join their citizen volunteer program. Becoming a part of this unit will allow local residents to give back to the community and assist their police officer’s in the performance of their duties. Successful applicants will attend a four-day training course, and then will begin performing a variety of duties. Some of these duties will be administrative in nature, such as data entry and filling out reports. Other duties will be more physical in nature, such as assisting with traffic control, searching for evidence, and transporting equipment or persons as needed by the Department.
Applicants must pass a background investigation before being selected for this position. Applicants must also meet certain requirements, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Minimum age of 21 years
- Valid California Driver’s License with good driving record
- No felony or serious misdemeanor convictions
- Basic computer, typing, and hand writing skills
- Ability to get along well with the public and C.S.D. staff
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry small children and car seats
- Ability to lift fifty pounds unassisted.
- Ability to take orders and directions from police officers
- Be available and willing to volunteer as needed by the Department.