Skip to main content

Animal Nuisance Complaints

The Stallion Springs Police Department receives numerous animal complaints. To better help you solve your problem, we would like to work in partnership with you!  Completion of this online “Animal Nuisance Log” is for barking dog complaints only. Missing/Lost, loose, or aggressive animals (dogs) should be reported to Kern County Animal Control:

KCAC Dispatch (661) 868-7110. Dispatch hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM *Excluding county holidays. After hours/Weekend emergency phone (661) 861-3110.


Here is what we need you to do to help solve the problem:

  1. Download the form below and fill out the front in its entirety. Anonymous complaints will not be processed.
  2. On the back of this form you will find an “ANIMAL NUISANCE LOG”. Began logging the dates and times the nuisance is taking place.
  3. Under the “Witnesses Statement” section, note what you are observing and hearing. Describe the nuisance taking place.
  4. Take digital video recording with sound (smart phones are great for this) from your property of the nuisance taking place.  Do not provoke the nuisance to take place.
  5. After you have logged and recorded the nuisance taking place for a period of five days, deliver this report to the Stallion Springs Community Services District front desk during normal business hours.
  6. You will be contacted by a member of the Stallion Springs Police Department who will need to collect your digital video/audio evidence (this can usually be emailed directly to the officer).
  7. The SSPD will investigate your alleged nuisance and will do one of the following:
  • Issue a warning (verbal or written).
  • Issue a citation and submit it to the Kern County District Attorney’s Office along with this report and your digital/audio recordings.
Annimal Nuisance complaint.pdfEditable Animal Nuisance Form
Join our mailing list